Monday, April 19, 2010

BGR

Pumped is an understatement of how I felt Saturday night as I drove to the pool for my first game back. Then when Queen came on the radio singing "We are the Champions" I knew it had to be an omen! As the song went on I got more into it, cresendioing with every verse. By the end of the song I was in full rock out mode singing at the top of my lungs "NO TIME FOR LOSERS; BECAUSE WE ARE THE CAMPIONS" and getting plenty of stares as I putted alnog the rode in the smartcar getting passed and honked at. This would end up being the high point of the night.
Matching up against a stronger Camolgi team, I could see it in my teammates eyes when I arived at the pool that they didnt think there was much chance for victory. But I had just heard the radio tell me that I was a champion so I was confident that we would still pull it off.
We had our routine half hour team talk about matchups and strategy, none of which I understood but would be translated to me later by Roberto in under 2 mins . Im sure he didnt leave anything out...
When the meeting ended I headed out to the pool to start some pregame stretches and drills. The oposing team started to walk in and I imediatly started looking for the BGR. One by one they came out of the visitor s locker room, normal....,normal....,normal....,FREAK. OK so maybe he wasnt 6ft8in 280 but he definetly looked like he should be wearing a Met-Rex tank top and heading to a Worlds Strongest Man competition. The kind of guy that turns sideways to walk through doorways, because he acually has to. GREAAAAAT this is going to be fun I sighed to my self sarcasticly, but then I Quickly remembered that I was a CHAMPION and started feeling better.

The game started and so did their scoring with their Hungarian Lefty showing us why he has an Olympic Gold medal at home and why we dont. They found the back of the net on their first two posessions puting us in a quick 2-0 hole. On our next offensive we earned a man advantage oppertunity an I ended up scoring a goal from the post. Unfortunetly that was as close as the game would get all night. We stayed reletivly close but ultimetly finshed with an L, 14 to 9.
So much for Queen and for me comming back and being the savior to the season. The loss doesnt completely put us out of the playoff hunt but we didnt make things any easier for ourselves.
Ohh yeah, the post game Pizza was still amazing.

Bus #10

No comments:

Post a Comment